3k Student School
We propose a building with “T” shape structure, where the support services (library, cafeteria, pool, gym, etc…) and the distribution corridor of learning communities are perpendicular one to the other. We have adopted “closed learning communities” arranged perpendicular to the central axe, organized with common spaces (lab/art rooms and the other service) and outdoor courtyards. Indeed, in case of design repetition, it is very simple to add or cut one or more learning communities along the development of the learning community distribution corridor. Learning communities are identifiable, featuring the necessary coziness, thanks to the smart use of furniture, the design of ceilings and the colors of the partitions facing the break out areas.
- PROJECT: M+N Architecture
- LOCATION: UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (UAE), Abu Dhabi
- CLIENT: Abu Dhabi Education Council
- YEAR: 2015
- TOTAL GROSS BUILD UP AREA: 28 schools of size from 35.000 to 45.000 smq
- PERFORMED SERVICE: Preliminary Design