Recovery and Expansion of the Old Farm “Il Caglio” In Montebamboli
The old farm was abandoned for several decades: it was without cover and intermediate floors and walls were partially collapsed and damaged seriously. The project involves the faithful reconstruction of the collapsed portions without changing edge beams, surfaces and volumes. Besides the original building recovery the project involves the construction of many cottages, both for factory system uses and farm holiday activities, and a small pool bordered by local stone. Structures and materials of all these various finishing elements fit perfectly into the landscape. We can define it as a green architecture project for the exclusive use of natural materials, such as lime and cork for insulation.
- PROJECT: Marcon Architetti
- LOCATION: ITALY, Massa Marittima (GR)
- YEAR: 2008 – 2016
- CLIENT: Le Moraiole S.S. Società Agricola
- TOTAL GROSS BUILD UP AREA: 650 smq
- PERFORMED SERVICES: Preliminary, Schematic and Detailed Desing, Safe Manager